Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Illicit

Illicit

My view on the stealing of intellectual property is not a positive one. I believe that is wrong but I’m not entirely too concerned with it. If it happens once I can let it slide but if that same person seats the property on multiple occasions it not cool and it shouldn’t fly. Watching the movie today “Illicit” I am more aware of the connections that come with counterfeits but I’m still not convinced that it will destroy the world. The movie had some farfetched ideas such as how purchasing a hand bag form a street vendor who counterfeited the items would lead to bombs and explosives are too big of a step to leap too. A lot of these people that are the heads of the business aren’t stupid if they get rid of the competition in different countries then they are ultimately loosing business. The movie to me is saying that the money they make from the illegal merchandise is going to trickle down to terrorist organizations to fund a bomb that will wipe out the people that provided them with the money. Form a business point of view that’s not a smart business investment on the surface. Why would anybody what to take out there profit? As far as me buying form street vendors for fake stuff it would make no difference to me either way I feel like I’m getting ripped off (which I probably am) at the stores and I know I’m getting not ripped off at a vendor but by the movies logic I’m killing myself so it’s a lose lose situation for me as a consumer. I’m not a willing supporter of counterfeits, I’m not going to go outside and sell stuff and give the money to the underground networks but I might buy something form a street vendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment